Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Nashville Chicken So Hot, the Chicken Ran Away

                                            
Source: GrubGrade.com


The "hot" new fast food choice (as you've probably seen in commercials lately) is Kentucky Fried Chicken's Nashville Hot Chicken. This chicken has been promoted by the likes of Jim Gaffigan, who seems to be promoted as the new Colonel.

As a big hot wing fan, I was instantly intrigued by the new addition by the fried chicken restaurant. The Nashville Hot Chicken looked pretty appealing from the commercials and was being advertised as "Limited Time", so my roommates and I headed over to KFC down the block. We each ordered a three-piece boneless meal and took it home to enjoy. 

My Order

When we opened the container, which proudly proclaimed "The best spicy chicken you will ever have", we realized we got ripped off. There were three measly pieces of chicken, a biscuit that had already soaked up all the sauce from the chicken, and a tiny container of coleslaw. Don't get me wrong. After tasting the chicken, it was pretty spicy for my weak tastebuds and tasted pretty good. The size of the meal was surprisingly filling after sitting on it, but I still was not happy with the size of the chicken tenders. Kentucky Fried, you should know better. 

Price: $5.49

Grade: C+

Up Next: A request for Hardee's from a young fan

3 comments:

  1. Awwww man. I really like Jim Gaffigan and was trusting his beautiful big head when he told me to try this. Hopefully it was just an unfortunate timing issue with the specific KFC cause I sure as hell don't want no measly chicken. Pumped to see what you're going to get from Hardee's. Enjoy

    Brian OD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony,

    I only see two pieces in your photo, unless the other piece is hiding perhaps? I really enjoy that you're doing food reviews from local and chain restaurants in Peoria. As for KFC chicken, I've always been a major fan of Popeyes and after seeing this I'm more convinced to not go to KFC; however I am one to always give something a try no matter what. Do you think that it possibly might have just been the last pieces you picked up and that's why they were small?

    Can't wait to see what you get from Hardee's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JB,
      Yes, the other piece is hiding. I agree, I have always been more of a Popeyes fan myself, as well.
      Appreciate you reading my post!

      Delete