Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Taco Bell Just Got Cheesier


If you know anything about me, you know about my obsession with a certain fast-food chain known as Taco Bell. The excellent marketing schemes the restaurant comes up with fool me every time. From the Doritos Locos Tacos to the Starburst freezes, I feel the need to try each one because of how appealing it is to my very college-like appetite.

The day of Super Bowl 50 (February 7), Taco Bell released the "Quesalupa", a chalupa with cheese infused inside.


Therefore, Monday evening's dinner was instantly decided to be Taco "Ding Ding". Alongside a cold Mountain Dew Baja Blast, I dove for the pepper-jack-infused Mexican snack. I have to say, I was pretty impressed. Honestly, it tasted like a taco with a quesadilla as its shell....which I will not complain about. I will most definitely recommend the new shell to all of my fellow Ding-Ding fans.

Price:   $2.99 (Beef)
Overall Grade: A-

3 comments:

  1. Anthony,

    I saw that commercial and it made me really question if the Quesalupa would be good, or just cause a stomach ache. Part of me is interested in trying it and the other part of me wonders what grade their beef is.

    I'm curious, if you had a choice what would you choose: authentic Mexican food or Taco "Ding Ding" for the rest of your life?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a tough call. I'd typically take the authentic but Baja Blast puts Ding Ding over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything with more cheese has my vote. I'm definitely trying this one!

    ReplyDelete